Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Weekend Recap





We had an extremely eventful weekend! It started off with a trip to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens to see the Scarecrows in the Gardens exhibit. It was amazing!! At least 100 different scarecrows tucked away in different areas of the garden, all created by various businesses and community organizations. Tyler and I had a great time. Some of our favorites were Tex, Charlie Brown and the Flying Librarian, which looks so much like Mary Poppins that we had to take a picture of it!

We highly recommend the Botanical Gardens to anyone. It is so peaceful. The Canopy Walk over the gardens was amazing, and little trails off the main paths lead to different types of gardens, like the Japanese Garden, or different sculptures. I saw several people just sitting on stone steps or a swing just reading. We had the best time walking around for several hours enjoying the wonderful weather, and each other!

After the Botanical Gardens it was off to Virgina Highlands to meet Andy and Linda to watch the Auburn game. We played Arkansas this past Saturday and it was a great game, with the Tigers defeating the Razorbacks and moving up in the polls!! Following the game the four of us went to dinner at Noche, a yummy tapas restaurant in the Highlands.

On Sunday we went to church and then to the Brookhaven Arts Festival. What a treat! So many artists lined the street and we got roam their tents for several hours. We ended up buying a painting for our house, a winter hat for me (too cute!) and a Christmas present. After the arts festival we went grocery shopping and I made cookies for the Halloween season! I used my new cookie cutters and made ghost and pumpkin shaped cookies (I also made chocolate chip cookies for me, and I think those have been the family favorite!)


Below are pictures from the Botanical Gardens! Enjoy!























Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.