Monday, October 4, 2010

New Year, New Beginnings


We are celebrating new years, and new beginnings in the Turner household.


Last Tuesday, I celebrated my 31st birthday. It was wonderful, but I can't beleive I am 31!! Luckily I was staying with my folks that whole week for AU College of Science & Math golf tournament, so I was able to celebrate with my parents as well as my sweet husband who came all that way to be with me all week. Love you Baby!!


We went to Chop House at Vintage Year for the big event. It is a yummy establishment in Old Cloverdale in Montgomery and we had the most fun, relaxing dinner. It was so poignent because this is the first birthday we have celebrated with more than 3 of us...and there are many more to come!!


Friday was my last day with AU College of Science & Math. It was a such a sad week for me. I hated to leave my awesome co-workers and a job which allowed me to do the things I loved at the university I graduated from. But, all good things must come to an end and so they on Friday, October 1. The golf tournament went really well and was a huge success! We had 28 teams of 4, and I think everyone had a good time! Tyler even pitched in and helped out, which was so sweet of him! And my new dean, Dr. Marie Wooten, and my office mates honored me once again by saying some sweet things at the lunch program, which was completely unexpected and that is when the water works came on! I did not think I would so much!! I know that Tammy, Sherri and Brook will always hold a special place in heart!


Today started my first day at my new job...yes, I jumped from one job to another, but really I would have been bored taking a break! It was a completely different experience, even down to how they save their documents! I am going to have to completely unlearn everything I know from the past 6 years...how does one do that? Any advice would be much appreciated! But, all iin all it was a good day. My new bosses took me out to lunch at SHOUT, which was really good and it was then that it hit me that I "actually work in Atlanta". I never thought this day would come and I am sure it is going to take me a few months to get the routine down. It is still a bit like playing house and I can't help but wonder (homage to Carrie Bradshaw) how long that feeling stays with you if you are with the one you are meant to be with. Does it always stay with you? I think so. My Mom agrees. She told me so just the other day that she still feels like she is playing house with Dad, and they have been married almost 37 years! I hope Tyler and I are as blessed.


This weekend we head to the mountains of North Georgia for a Turner Family Weekend! We are celebrating Tyler's birthday and all of us (Ted, Sheila, Trey, MK and McKinley) will be there! So exciting! It is always so relaxing in the mountains and Tyler and I are looking forward to good food, fun times with family and a relaxing weekend!


love,

Peyton

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.