Monday, October 11, 2010

The Mountains


We had a wonderful time in the mountains of North Georgia this past weekend! The entire family went up to help celebrate Tyler's birthday! We all arrived around the same time Friday night. Ted and Sheila had gone up earlier that day to get the house ready. Trey, Mary Kathryn and McKinley arrived right before we did and we all had a wonderful steak dinner...yum!


Saturday we awoke to a wonderful mountain breakfast, and then Trey, Mary Kathryn, McKinley, Tyler and I went on a really long walk afterwards. McKinley took himself a little snooze along the way, but every one needs their beautry rest now and then. Following lunch the four of us (plus McKinley) piled in the car to travel to a hiking path that is part of the Appalachian Trail. Now, I am not a nature girl by any means and any one of my friends will tell you that I am not a big fan of bugs. But this was really a beautiful hike. It was great to see McKinley look around, take it all in and it was especially nice to be a part of his first official hike! We all took turns taking pictures in front of the waterfalls, and I had to take one in front of the official Appalachian Trail sign (or no one would believe I was really there!)

That night we had a delicious dinner of Frogmore Stew. It is one of Tyler's favorites and Sheila made it really well...we were all stuffed! Following dessert we hunkered down to watch my Auburn Tigers go on to defeat Kentucky!

It was a really relaxing weekend, and so great to spend family time together. McKinley was such a joy to be around and he has the coolest "tricks" that he loves to do. One of them is building a tower. You say to him "McKinley, you want to build a tower?" and he points to his blocks. Then about half way through with the building process, he knocks the tower down, laughs and does a "KA-BOOM" motion with his hands. It is the most precious thing ever! There are so many more cute stories, but I would have to be writing for the rest of day, and work is calling my name. I am posting pictures below of our fun weekend. Enjoy!!


Love,
Peyton










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.