Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday to my sweet hubby! Can't wait to celebrate tonight. Tyler has been traveling A LOT lately with his new job so every time he comes in town I try to make his homecoming very celebratory. So for tonight I have the house all clean and ready for the birthday boy, and we are grilling out flank steak (for him) and salmon (for me), baked potatoes and I am making us wedge salads. I also baked a Pecan Pie last night for dessert as that is what the birthday boy requested. I think we might even break in to the champagne that Trey, MK and McKinley gave me for my birthday!

I also try and treat weekends, especially the ones where we have nothing to do because I feel that we are on the go so much and have so many commitments (not that we are complaining!) but that when we are at home it is such a nice treat I like to celebrate it!

This weekend is no exception. We have nothing on the books so I am celebrating by going on a run (duh!) and hitting up a yoga class that my friend Leslie introduced me too, and then I am going to be a Baking Bee! Every six weeks or so I get the baking bug and it hit me this week. So Saturday I plan on making Banana Nut Bread. Tyler loves Banana Nut Bread. It is his friend Sara's recipe and I know it won't be as good as hers, but I am still learning. After the bread I want to do a couple of cookies. I am doing peanut butter Hershey kiss cookies, and then I might venture out and try to make chocolate chip cookies. But here is the twist. I want to use some of the cookie cutters I insisted we register for in the spirit of Halloween. So I thought I would make the cookie dough, the spread it on the cookies sheet and bake it, and then cut out the shapes. I will let you know how the experiment goes. Oh, and to add to that, I am also making a dip for Saturday night to watch the Auburn game with. My tigers play at 7 p.m. so I plan on being in front of the TV in time for kick off. War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.