Friday, September 9, 2011

Year 2

Tyler and I have entered our second year of marriage! We both couldn't believe how quickly our first year went by!

We celebrated our anniversary at a wonderful resort, Reynolds Plantation, which is 75 miles from Atlanta. We had the most amazing, relaxing time! They have a beautiful infinity pool where you can't tell when the pool ends and the lake begins. The foods was delicious, and we even enjoyed impromptu massages at their spa. The spa facility was fabulous. Both the men's and women's locker rooms had a steam room, sauna and hot tub which we enjoyed prior to our treatments. The facility also has a wonderful 25 meter lap pool that I used twice while we were there. Their trademark is s'mores that they roast over open fires every night. It is more for the kids, but that didn't stop me from having one every night! We were able to actually spend our anniversary night at Reynolds, and on Sundays they have great cover bands and fireworks so we spent an incredibly memorable night sitting on Adirondack chairs by the lake sipping champagne and listening to music. I even got Tyler to slow dance!

But, like all good things it had to come to an end. Tyler has a new position at Safriland and is traveling more. He has been to Puerto Rico (his third trip), then NC and Philadelphia. He is going back to Philly next week. Work has picked up for me. I am quickly learning that summer/fall is our super busy time. I enjoy the work and am getting more familiar with the attorneys at the firm.

Football season has started and our house divided is back in full swing! War Eagle to my Auburn Tigers and Go Dawgs for Tyler's team. We had a great first football weekend, spending it with one of Tyler's closest friends, Jason Moon, who was in town for the Georgia game with his family. We got to spend time with him and his wife and their adorable 5-month old, and on Monday we caught up with our close friends Andy and Linda over lunch, and for dessert/dinner that night had yummy Red Velvet Cake that Linda made. We were also lucky to spend pool time with the best nephew ever, McKinley! Or, as he refers to himself...."I do". Kids come up with the funniest things!

Tyler is gone until tomorrow afternoon, dove hunting. He is in hog heaven because this is the first of two hunting trips he gets to go on. I don't mind because for every hunting trip he goes on, that is another trip to the spa for me! But I am really glad he is getting to go.

That is pretty much a wrap for us Turners. September is proving to be a quiet month, but we will be doing a lot of traveling on the weekends in October so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.