I can't believe it has been almost one year since Tyler and I said "I Do". Time really does fly! We have had a wonderful first year of marriage. I started a new job, moved to a new city and Tyler got a new room mate!
This year has been so much fun discovering little things about each other. For example, I never knew it, but I must leave for work with the living room and kitchen clean or else feel like a bad wife. Or that Tyler always wakes up happy, and is a constant noise machine. Or that we both are not really breakfast or dinner people. Tyler loves ice cream or frozen desserts, and I love any cookie/cake treats (or M&Ms!) Tyler will stay up until 2 a.m., and I love to snuggle down in bed at 9 p.m. with a book or watching t.v. I love to read, and Tyler is much of a reader unless it involves a sweep stakes. Tyler is a "mad scientist" when it comes to sweep stakes and entering contests. He can often be found chuckling menacingly over coupons, and contests, trying to win something! When we travel, I am packed on Tuesday and he packs 10 minutes before we leave....which leaves me the task of also packing the car (a first for me since I grew up with Ray Bean!)

Aside from learning things that one learns from being married, we also made many wonderful memories our first year. We embarked on a "House Divided" football season....I think we all know how that turned out for the Auburn Tigers :)! We had the best time decorating for Halloween, Tyler's FAVORITE holiday by far! It is always so entertaining watching him pour over computer images of Jack-O-Lanterns until he finds just the right carving to do on our pumpkin!
We took turns handing out candy to the neighborhood kids on Halloween, which was great. We experience new things to do in Atlanta together, like the Scarecrow in the Gardens Exhibit at the Botanical Gardens, which was so neat to see so many talented people display fun Scarecrows.
But the best way to meet your neighbors is to have a yard sale, which we did in November. Tyler was a sport getting up dawn to get everything ready because I insisted that people yard sale from 6-8. But Atlanta must be different because we didn't get a single buyer until 9 a.m.! But it was fun, and an experience for newlyweds!
I participated in my first Atlanta race with the Thanksgiving Day half marathon, which was really cool and made you feel like part of the city and a great way to kick off the holiday season.
We picked out our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving and enjoyed it through January.
We hosted both of our families at Easter and Tyler "Mad Scientist" Turner made an appearance in time to decorate Easter Eggs!
This summer we redid our backyard completely, adding new grass and rocks and a great patio! We are very pleased with it.
Tyler and I also had fun on the road. We took several weekend trips this year, which is so special to plan. It is always exciting for me to think of fun places for us to go! Waiting as long as I did for there to be an "us", I always cherish our trips together. We traveled several times to the cabin with family and with friends. We also went to the beach for Memorial Day weekend, and returned to the scene of the crime AKA The Biltmore where Tyler proposed!

Our first year has been an amazing year, filled with memories, laughs, and lots and lots of love.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.