Monday, April 18, 2011

Retired from Racing

This past weekend Tyler and I had a great time Saturday racing in a 5K/10K for cancer. The event was put on by a friend's company and we were happy to run for such a worthy cause. I signed up to the do the 10K, and Tyler signed up to walk the 5K.

So, on Saturday we were up early and in the car headed to the race! One thing I love about Tyler is that no matter how early he gets up (and we all know the boy loves his sleep!) he is always in a great mood. When we got to the race, we greeted the rest of our friends and looked forward to getting the race going (and done with). The rest of our friends racing were doing the 5K as well, so they kept Tyler company and I was so excited to learn that he ran most of the route! I am so proud and thought this might be the jumping off point to his running career, but he has assured me that he is officially retired from running :) Here is a picture of Tyler and me with our friends Crystal and Kalley after the race (I borrowed the photo from Kalley as Tyler and I are forever forgetting our camera)....their husbands Brian and Paul also ran, but didn't make it into the photo.



Saturday afternoon we met back with everyone who ran the race for a fun day of festivals! Piedmont Park hosted the Dogwood Festival so after lunch at The Nook we strolled through looking at different artists. Then we headed to Candler Park for the Sweetwater Festival but it looked way too crowded, and there were no parking spots to be found so we opted to sit on the patio of a yummy mexican restaurant and relax after a hard day's work of running.


It was a great way to spend a wonderful spring day!


This weekend is Easter and we are hosting our families for Easter lunch. We are looking forward to seeing everyone and hiding Easter eggs for McKinley! The Easter Bunny has already come to see Tyler and me...we bought each other great Adirondack chairs for the front yard (pictures to follow soon, I hope!)


Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.