
I started this blog to catalogue mine and my husband first year of wedded bliss! We are so happy to be married and are enjoying the "never ending slumber party", that I wanted to be sure and write down every event of that wonderful first year!
Thanks to some wonderful friends (John & Morgan Yordy) Tyler and I began our journey to becoming man and wife on March 27, 2009. Tyler lived in Atlanta, and I lived in Auburn so weekends were always exciting and we enjoyed getting to know each other by doing various fun activities in each other's city. Whether it was cheering on our respective football teams (War Eagle!), weekend trips to the mountains or getting to know each others friends through beach vacations, we knew we had something special.
Nine months later, in December of 2009 Tyler surprised me by taking me to The Biltmore in Ashville, North Carolina. I had always wanted to visit The Biltmore during Christmas time and we picked the COLDEST weekend to go. But, with the cold came wonderful, wonderful snow that neither of us are quite used to. For two days we had the best time not worrying about schedules, phones or computers. Then Saturday evening, while sitting in front a roaring fire, Tyler asked to take a picture outside on the Inn's balcony. After the picture was taken, he turned to me and proposed! I was so excited and wanted that moment to freeze in time so I took a few seconds to say "yes"....which I think made him nervous. Then there was the flurry of phone calls to family members before the real work of planning a wedding commenced.
Our engagement period was absolutely wonderful! We were so blessed to be honored at numerous showers, parties and luncheons and were over whelmed at the love and support we received.
On Saturday, July 31, 2010 we became husband and wife on the most perfect day. Both of our families had come together on Thursday to begin a weekend of continued celebration, and was capped off by an amazing reception at the local Art Museum.
Following our wedding, we spend the most relaxing 6 days in the Grand Cayman and just got to fall in love with each other all over again.
We are now settled in our wonderful home in Brookhaven in the city of Atlanta. Tyler built it himself and it is the perfect setting for newlyweds. I will be sad to leave my job with Auburn University in just one week, but God has blessed me with a wonderful, new challange in a position with Bryan Cave Powell Goldstein law firm. Tyler continues to work for a defense contractor, traveling all over the southeast and I know his distributors look forward to seeing him as much I look forward to him coming home after every trip.
We have truly become each other's best friend and we are looking forward to what this year has in store.
Much love!
Peyton Turner
Thanks to some wonderful friends (John & Morgan Yordy) Tyler and I began our journey to becoming man and wife on March 27, 2009. Tyler lived in Atlanta, and I lived in Auburn so weekends were always exciting and we enjoyed getting to know each other by doing various fun activities in each other's city. Whether it was cheering on our respective football teams (War Eagle!), weekend trips to the mountains or getting to know each others friends through beach vacations, we knew we had something special.
Nine months later, in December of 2009 Tyler surprised me by taking me to The Biltmore in Ashville, North Carolina. I had always wanted to visit The Biltmore during Christmas time and we picked the COLDEST weekend to go. But, with the cold came wonderful, wonderful snow that neither of us are quite used to. For two days we had the best time not worrying about schedules, phones or computers. Then Saturday evening, while sitting in front a roaring fire, Tyler asked to take a picture outside on the Inn's balcony. After the picture was taken, he turned to me and proposed! I was so excited and wanted that moment to freeze in time so I took a few seconds to say "yes"....which I think made him nervous. Then there was the flurry of phone calls to family members before the real work of planning a wedding commenced.
Our engagement period was absolutely wonderful! We were so blessed to be honored at numerous showers, parties and luncheons and were over whelmed at the love and support we received.
On Saturday, July 31, 2010 we became husband and wife on the most perfect day. Both of our families had come together on Thursday to begin a weekend of continued celebration, and was capped off by an amazing reception at the local Art Museum.
Following our wedding, we spend the most relaxing 6 days in the Grand Cayman and just got to fall in love with each other all over again.
We are now settled in our wonderful home in Brookhaven in the city of Atlanta. Tyler built it himself and it is the perfect setting for newlyweds. I will be sad to leave my job with Auburn University in just one week, but God has blessed me with a wonderful, new challange in a position with Bryan Cave Powell Goldstein law firm. Tyler continues to work for a defense contractor, traveling all over the southeast and I know his distributors look forward to seeing him as much I look forward to him coming home after every trip.
We have truly become each other's best friend and we are looking forward to what this year has in store.
Much love!
Peyton Turner
OMG!! Did you get the job with the law Firm? congrats!!!
ReplyDelete