Today marks my first day of my last week at Auburn University. For the past five and a half years (hard to believe it has been that long) I have had the most amazing job serving as the event planner for the AU College of Sciences and Mathematics. My job is so great and I have loved getting to know and establishing friendships with many wonderful community members, caterers, business owners and other planners.
My office mates are really some of the best to work for. They are a cohesive team that works well separately, but come together to bounce ideas off each other and support each other in all aspects of our job functions. It will be very difficult to say good-bye to Tammy, Sherri and Brook, especially since they have been with me through a lot of personal highs and lows over the course of my time at Auburn. It is truly a bittersweet week for me!
BUT, now that I am married, I guess I need to live with my husband, right? So I have been in Atlanta for the past 2 months and commuted to Auburn twice a week. It has been a pretty good set up, but all good things must come to an end and Friday, October 1 will be mine at Auburn :((
However, I am fortunate to be moving on to another great job opportunity with a law firm in Atlanta...Bryan, Cave, Powell, Goldstein serving as a Recruiting Assistant. The position is almost a complete departure from what I have been doing the past 8 years, so I am a little nervous. But the ladies whom I will be working for seem nice and I know will help me in my transition.
Thank you to Tammy, Sherri and Brook and COSAM for a wonderful 5.5 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.