Things have been crazy these past few weeks. By now everyone knows about the "Snowmageden" that landed in the south a few weeks ago. It was absolutely crazy!! It started snowing on Sunday night (or for you Auburn fans, the night before we won the BCS game). And when I woke up on Monday morning at 5:30 to go to the gym the streets, yards, cars...you know name..were covered in snow!
Like the crazy person I am, I still intended to carry that day like any other and got in the car to go to the gym. Of course, after 10 minutes and the car STILL was not defrosted I said "this is crazy" and went back inside. At that point I was still uncertain as to whether the firm would be closed or not, so I waited until a reasonable hour (7 a.m.) to text my bosses. Since I don't have access to firm email via blackberry, etc. I relied on them to let me know if we were closed...which we were. Yeah! Snow Day, right?! Well, the first day was great (despite not being able to get to the gym, and those that know me know how that made me feel). But it was still nice to relax by the fire with my husband for an extra day. We even took the car out briefly on Peachtree, which was covered with snow and ice and we only saw 3 people while on the roads. But it was very pretty and definitely something one only experiences rarely.
Moving on to the 2nd day (the day after Auburn won the BCS game). I got another text from both my bosses that we were closed again, so I got to sleep in. Tried 3 times to go to the gym that day, and finally made it there on my third attempt. But, I was not the only crazy one. You wouldn't believe how crowded it was. I felt so much better once I got back to the house, too! But cabin fever had started to set it, and once I got back from the gym I baked cookies and made dip for Tyler and me. Tyler was feeling it too, and he decided to make a snow man while I was being domestic!
On Wednesday, day 3, the firm opened at 11 a.m. I was able to get there after an hour on the icy interstate, but my bosses were not able to get here. So I did a few things, sent a few emails and left around 12:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday were full work days. But the snow still wasn't gone, and if you look hard enough you still see it in spaces! And it is supposed to snow again Monday, and Tuesday. I thought we lived in the South, right??
Aside from the crazy weather and the MLK holiday we have been super busy. New associates started at the firm, and part of my job is to assist with their orientation, so I was relocated to a conference room for 2 days, making that base camp. The job continues to be fun and interesting, and I learn new things every day. The orientation was a great way for me to further acclimate myself with the firm, and those that work here.
Tyler was without his laptop for a few days (Heaven forbid!) And once he got it back, he has been busy filling orders and meeting with local distributors. Now that most of the roads are clear he will probably be traveling again soon!
That is all we have going on in the Turner family. Below I am posting pictures of our home during the snow storm of the century.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.