I hope everyone had as wonderful a holiday as we did in the Turner household.
Tyler and I stayed in Atlanta for Thanksgiving, which was really great! Especially considering all the traveling we have done lately. We kicked things off Wednesday night at our home with drinks and appetizers. We were joined by Ted, Sheila, Trey, Mary Kathryn, and McKinley! It was so nice to have some time to visit before all the madness that comes along with holidays ensues.
Thursday morning I woke up bright and early...and I mean EARLY to go run the Thanksgiving Half Marathon. There was a huge crowd! Sweet Tyler got out of bed and drove my friend Ashley and I to the race and stayed until we finished. So sweet. Below is a picture he got of me after the race. I beat my previous PR by just a few seconds, but hey it counts!

We went over to Trey and Mary Kathryn's for lunch. The Turkey was absolutely wonderful and we were all stuffed by the time dinner ended. McKinley took a little siesta while we did dishes and divided up all the left overs. By 4:30, the couch was calling Tyler's name so we headed home and I put out some Christmas decorations, but decided to do the majority of them the next day.
On Friday we got our first Christmas tree!! We took the camera to take pictures of the outing, but never got it out of my purse...we are SO bad about that. After getting it home, and another hour and a half of sawing off additional branches (this included a visit by Ted who saved the day with the hack saw) we finally got it in the house!! Just in time for the IRON BOWL. The Iron Bowl was such a great game!! I can't believe we won...well I CAN, but it didn't look promising at first. Dad was speechless and I think he may have cried, but sources won't confirm that. Friday night we went over to Ashley's (my running partner in crime) for drinks. It was great to relax and visit. Her sister, Melanie, was in town from DC so it was great to see her again and hear how she is enjoying things in our nation's capital.
On Saturday we had a pretty relaxing day, but went over to Trey and Mary Kathryn's again for lunch, and then ran around buying Christmas presents for everyone AND bought material to recover the couch in. YEAH! It is called Rustic Tomato. (The guys came on Monday to take the couch and hopefully it will be back in 2 weeks)
Sunday Tyler had to work, so after church we went to Whole Foods (love that place), and then chilled out until he had to go to work. It was a such a whirl wind few days, we enjoyed a quiet night at home. And now Tyler is off in North Carolina :(( But he gets back tonight, so I am excited and won't have to sleep with the hammer under the bed anymore!
Tomorrow we fly to Texas to celebrate my Mema's 80th birthday. I am looking forward to the visit and can't wait for Tyler to see the famous Archer City (population 1800...the number goes up when we visit). Its only claim to fame is author Larry McMurty is from there. Tyler was hoping to stay at the Lonesome Dove Inn, but we are based at Mema's, which will be way more fun.
Lots of Love!
Peyton
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.