Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Better late than never

Happy Tuesday!


Sorry it has been forever since my last post. Things have been crazy for us lately! Tyler has been on the road the past 3 weeks, and then we traveled to Texas for Mema's 80th Birthday party and this week work is crazy with compensation recommendations, new class orientation, etc.

But I did want to take a few minutes and update everyone on what has been going on with us. We are enjoying the first holiday season as newlyweds!! Our house looks so good decorated for Christmas, and the tree smells better each day. Tyler has been so sweet to build us fires several nights a week and it really adds to the festiveness (is that word?)

As I mentioned above, a few weeks ago we traveled to Texas to help Mema ring in her 80th Birthday. It was such a great time! I was so excited to have Tyler see where I was born and raised the first three years of my life and meet all the people that helped raise Mom, and subsequently me. It was a real treat and I couldn't tell who was more excited...Mema or Dad...he finally has a partner in crime when visiting the big metropolis of Archer City (population 1848...we checked). Dad had a great time taking Tyler to try on "western" wear, and introduced him to Red Draw Beer, which is beer with tomato juice. Brave Tyler made it 3/4 of the way, then switched to Miller Lite. We got there on Thursday and were able to spend some time just visiting before family arrived early Saturday to help with the party. We served these precious cake bites that Aunt Judy brought all the way from Dallas. They were delicious! We also served brownies, Lemon Bars and Cheese Straws. Dad had prepared 2 slide shows, a funny one that ran throughout the party, and a serious one which chronicled Mema's life. This slide show my cousin Julie and I narrated and it was so special. We had a great time doing it, and meeting all the people who have touched Mema's life,or been touched by hers. There was even a gentleman from the Battle of the Bulge who came. He was great friends with my grandaddy.


After the party all the family came back to Mema's for several hours and then headed home. Tyler and I woke up extra early to catch a flight back to Atlanta, and then on Monday he was off again for work!


The past weekend we had a great date night. We saw The Tourist with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp. It was a good movie, if a bit predictable at times. Saturday we had respective "girls/guys night out". I had dinner with 2 of my best friends Meredith and Victoria. We went to Seasons 52 and stayed for hours just catching up. It was so great!! I love that it doesn't matter how long we go without talking, we just pick right back up where we left off. On Sunday, the 12 Meredith's little boy Evan turned 1, so we all went to the "Bear"-themed birthday party. It was PRECIOUS! I can't believe he is 1 already. Everyone was there to celebrate, and it was topped off with a bear-shaped birthday cake.

This weekend we head to Auburn for a party Friday night, then come back to Atlanta for another party Saturday night. On Sunday we will have Turner Family Christmas at Ted and Sheila's. That will so much fun, and it will be great watching McKinley open up his gifts!


Hope everyone is having a great week. I am posting pictures from our trip to Texas below. Enjoy!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.