Did anyone ever watch Bugs Bunny cartoons as a kid. I did, and I remember whenever Bugs would depart for Pismo Beach, he would say "Bon Voyage-E"!
Well, in just one week Tyler and I will be saying "Bon Yoyage-E" to the US, and "Dia dhuit" to Ireland. Dia dhuit is Gaelic for "Hello". This will be our first true vacation since our honeymoon, and can't wait to see all the sights of Dublin, Cork and Limerick (hence the background of our blog, which I believe of the Cliffs of Moher).
We begin our vacation in Dublin, and hope to see a bunch of great sites there including Trinity College and Christ Church, but according to Tyler our first stop will be to the Guinness factory! After Dublin we depart for Cork and will stop off to kiss the Blarney Stone and explore Blarney Estate. I have read it is pretty vast, and has a lot of interesting little nooks and crannies throughout just waiting to be explored! While in Cork we also hope to see a bit of the Ring of Kerry. We then travel to Limerick and stay in the castle! According to their website they have a lot of great activities on the estate and we are looking forward to exploring everything! We also hope to travel to the Cliffs of Moher before starting our return to Dublin. We are able to spend one night in London on our way home, so hopefully we can squeeze in one walk around the city before departing for home.
Neither of us has been to Ireland before so we are excited to experience this together. Tyler has us booked in some great hotels (yes, for those wondering they do have fitness centers!), and one place is even a castle! We have rented a car so I am a little nervous having Tyler drive me around Ireland....in a fast automobile....on the wrong side of the road. I get car sick just riding up to the cabin with him behind the wheel, so pray for me!
Bon Voyage-E!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.