Tyler left me.
Yes, he left me on Friday to go to the cabin and fish! Some people call it relaxation, I call it......well, we won't repeat what I call it. But in any case off he went for 2 whole days. He met his good friend Adam up in the mountains and had a wonderful time catching fish all day Saturday. I asked him if he went all out for the whole "men bonding in the woods" experience and did not shower for the whole weekend. His response was "Of course!", but did brush his teeth!
While he was away my folks came up to babysit me. We went to an awesome dinner Friday night at JCT Kitchen. Yum! Then Saturday we had a great day shopping. I took Mom to Virginia Highlands and just shopped up and down those cute streets. Dad wasn't feeling to well, so he met us for lunch and then headed back to watch football. That night we all sat around in our PJs, which was so nice. We hadn't done that, just the 3 of us since the morning of my wedding.
On Sunday I took Mom & Dad to my office and we decorated it a bit. Finally! My bosses have been asking when am I going to put some things up so they know that I am staying put.
Tyler got back around Noon, and Mom & Dad left around 3. Tyler and I went on a nice fall walk, and to the grocery store in preparation for Thanksgiving! Tyler and I are hosting his parents, brother, sister-in-law and nephew on Wednesday night for some appetizers to kick off festivities, then we are all going over to his brother's house for Thanksgiving. It will be so much fun! But first, I have to tackle the Atlanta Thanksgiving Half Marathon...everyone keep your fingers crossed!! Friday I am hoping to get our Christmas tree and put out all our decorations. I may be a little ahead of myself, but tree lots are already up! Plus, Tyler and I leave shortly after Thanksgiving for Texas, so I want to maximize my enjoyment of all things Christmas as much as I can.
But before all that, we are looking forward to Thanksgiving this week with wonderful family and friends!
Love,
Peyton
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.